On Monday I shared with you the tutorial for making a 15 Minute Mouse Trap Clip and so today I’m back to show you exactly how I put the clip to use in my craft room!
TADA! I glitterfied (hah, gotta love made up crafting words) six mouse traps to spell out “Create” right over my craft desk. I always have little pieces of pretty string, torn out pages from magazines or quick notes for future projects cluttering my space so this is a perfect way to get them out of the way but still within reach. And it’s pretty GLITTER! Who doesn’t love glitter?!
Making these with the days of the week would also be a great way to work through a To Do List. You might be dreading the day’s activities but at least you have a shiny and pretty gallery wall to look at!
I’m still shocked at the quality of the glitter I got at the Dollar Store. Look at how fine and bright it is! My husband didn’t understand my excitement. In fact, I believe his actual words were, “Isn’t all glitter the same?” Humph. Silly man. No worries, I know my awesome crafty readers will be excited with me!
And just in case you’re more of a video tutorial kind of person, I’ve put together another Tried & True video tutorial for making Mouse Trap Clips! YAY!
Just a few things about that video…
- I had just finished running the Dirty Girl Mud Run so I’m looking extremely TIRED!
- The discoloration on my right wrist is from a bee sting (more on that later!)
- We do not have a pack of wild hyenas living with us, that’s just my crazy boys in the background.
- We’re growing Sweet Peas to grow on a outdoor teepee (more on that later too!)
- I was too impatient to align the mousetraps correctly with a level so they’re totally crooked. Going to have to go back and fix them. You would think I would learn, huh?
Hope you enjoyed this simple and easy way to make a Mouse Trap Gallery Wall! Don’t forget to check out the original tutorial to make each individual Mouse Trap Clips in under 15 mintues. I’d love to see all the fun variations you guys come up with so jump over to the Tried & True Facebook page to share!
Joining the party: