Since we knew there were going to be a good amount of kids at our Little Golden Books shower, I figured making them their own favors might 1.) make them feel special and more importantly, 2) keep them entertained for a few minutes. Well, I don’t know if they felt special or not but the only reason they were entertained by my cute little handmade pinwheels is because they used them as drumsticks on the trashcans. Oh well.
As you will see, I disassembled a cheap pinwheel (found in the $1 section of Target) to use as my template. Since that dollar section can be hit or miss sometimes, here’s a printable template you can download and print on heavy cardstock:
Little Golden Books Pinwheels
- cheap pinwheel or free T&T template
- Little Golden Book (preferably thrifted and well-used)
- hole punch
- grommet kit
- wood dowel rods
- wood pegs
1. First we need to make a template for our pinwheels. You can disassemble one you may just have laying around or you can download my template.
3. You should now have a template to use for your Little Golden Books pinwheel. If your plastic panel won’t stay flat, place it between a few layers of fabric and iron it on low. Let cool and then remove.
4. Tear out pages from your LGB, copy template and cut out. Use a hole punch for small circles. You’re going to need six panels for each pinwheel and each LGB page fits four. If you cut through three pages at a time, you’ll have enough panels for two pinwheels.
Check out the other projects from the Little Golden Books Shower: