I made these You Are Awesome Key Chains as a Random Craft of Kindness
sponsored by Consumer Crafts and Blueprint Social.
I absolutely love the idea behind Consumer Crafts’ Random Crafts of Kindness campaign:
With the help of 40 awesome bloggers, we are setting out to spread love and kindness by performing random acts of kindness with handmade crafts.
Sharing happiness and good cheer with crafts? I am totally on board!
Instead of making and gifting one craft project, I decided to make 15 small “You Are Amazing” key chains and leave them at random locations all over town to remind perfect strangers just how amazing they really are!
My five year old son helped me assemble and distribute the key chains and loved the stealth aspect of this assignment. I loved the opportunity to talk to him about what a random act of kindness was and how it could make people feel. Life gets so busy and hard sometimes, we forget that we are more connected than not…even with a perfect stranger. Want to share the love? Here’s the tutorial!
You Are Amazing Key Chain
- 1 pkg Brass Plated Key Chains (15 pcs)
- White Plastic Shrink Film
- Black Fine Tip Sharpie
- Core’dinations Medium Creative Core Tags™ in White
- Baker’s Twine
- Free “You Are Amazing” Key Chain Printable
- Free “You Are Amazing” Tag Printables (Tag Template & Tag Design)
1. Use the black Sharpie to trace the Free “You Are Amazing” Key Chain Printable. Cut around the edges and punch a hole in the corner.
3. Print out the Tag Template free printable. Use low adhesive tape (I used some washi) to stick the tags onto the paper. Feed the paper through the printer (making sure that the flat tape side goes in first!) and print out the Tag Design free printable.
My son and I had fun thinking of all the random places we could put the key chains. We left one at his preschool, a few taped to shopping carts, a couple at a check out counter, and a handful taped to gas pumps. We had one left, my son asked it we could give it to our neighbor so we sneakily placed it in their mailbox and ran away laughing. As always, the joy we received in giving was 100 times greater than the worth of a simple key chain.
Thank you to Consumer Crafts for allowing us to participate in this wonderful campaign!
Keep up to date on all the latest crafty goodness:
Check out all these wonderful Random Crafts of Kindness from other great blogs: