This post was sponsored by DecoArt but as always, the opinions I expressed here are 100% my own!
I’m absolutely in love with the DecoArt new line of Americana Multi-Surface Satin paint! The colors are gorgeous and the paint is so wonderfully easy to work with. I Made this quick and easy project with just a few DecoArt supplies and some basic materials. Americana Multi-Surface Satins are available for purchase at Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby, and other fine craft retailers. So you’ll have plenty of places to find it!
World Traveler Picture Frame
1. Gather your Americana supplies and wood plaque. I used Americana Cottonball and Dolphin but was considering using Steel Gray. There’s so many beautiful colors, it’s going to be hard to choose! I actually made my wood plaque with a few paint can stirrers but you can use anything.
2. Begin by making a whitewash with Americana Cottonball. You’re going to need to figure out the perfect consistency by adding water to a little bit of paint and testing on the back of your wood piece. You want to make sure that it’s thin enough to be spread with a cloth but thick enough to leave the color.
3. Layout the stencil and begin filling in the letters with Americana Dolphin and a dry spouncer brush. I applied a light coat of spray adhesive to the back of the stencil to help prevent shifting but it wasn’t absolutely necessary.
4. After the paint completely dries, go over the stenciled letters very lightly with the extra fine sandpaper to create more of a weathered look.
5. Glue the clip in place with a strong adhesive and allow to dry completely.
And that’s it! You now have a great place to display those beautiful shots you took on vacation!
As I mentioned above, I used Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints for this project and was so completely impressed with their ease of use and quality coverage. I’m kinda picky when it comes to craft paint but these were perfect. Thick enough to cover in one coat but thin enough to lay nice and flat on the spouncer. AND…to top it off, DecoArt is offering a rebate of $3.00 when you buy 5 Americana Multi-Surface Satin Paints. Total score!